The Installation!

The last part of this project was surprisingly the most time consuming for me. I had all the pieces printed out and then I just needed to find a way to connect them all together.



First, I gathered together a variety of materials that could help attach the pieces together. I experimented with the fishing wire first - I thought that would be the least noticeable on the artwork. However, that was not the case! The "invisible" string actually showed up quite clearly and kept slipping off of the pieces. The same happened with the black stretchy cord.

Pipe cleaners came next - but they were too thick and looked awkward. The best material ended up being 20 lb. hemp cording. It was thin enough and had enough weight to stay where I tied it.



I had to figure out a good order for the pieces so words wouldn't be repeated next to each other and every word had a way to connect to the one above and below.



I kept testing it out as I added pieces - it's finally coming together!



And finally the final product is installed in our classroom. We are going to use it as a reference point to ask the students how they are helping each other work on their testimony. I love that the way it hangs reminds me of the original artwork that inspired us!




Comments

Popular Posts